- THE WERX FOUNDATION INC
We are a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity managed under the guidance of our Board of Directors and Members.
Established in March 2000, our core business is established under our charter:
….to support people who are disadvantaged through unemployment, disability or other life circumstance and who are unable to access or benefit from mainstream national training and employment initiatives.
Our major goal for the coming three years is to continue to assist people who are marginalised through disability to engage successfully in vocational and employment opportunities. Our role is to support their transition to mainstream training or work opportunities.
We will achieve this by bridging gaps in community access to the labour market through the continuing development and delivery of innovative projects and social enterprise initiatives, and creating sponsorship networks between industry and the community. Our projects include:
Still in the Box Project as a social enterprise with all funds raised through the project utilised to further the project’s major goals:
- providing employment and training to people who are marginalised through disability or circumstance.
- reducing the amount of electrical waste ending up in landfill through environmentally responsible recycling procedures
- providing work experience and re-training programs in a “live work environment” to those disadvantaged in the labour market
B2C Community IT Project as a social enterprise with all funds raised through the project utilised to further the project’s goals:
- assisting local and overseas “communities in need” by providing low cost refurbished IT equipment
- reducing the amount of office and IT waste ending up in landfill through environmentally responsible recycling procedures
- providing re-training programs in a “live work environment” to those disadvantaged in the labour market
Our scope of service also extends to industry, client support agencies, government and business, partnering in the divergence of unwanted or decommissioned equipment, and resources and re-engineered as community assets assisting in work education or employment opportunities. Further, our services, in partnership with ISO Endorsed “Ewastec” provides a sustainable waste management solution for hardware that is unable to be refurbished.
Work Collective Project provides collaborative employment experiences across a range of work functions and offers a widening of skill sets for enterprise volunteers and workers.
- Computer software skills
- Data and content management skills
- Customer service
- Help desk support
- Web design
Our scope of service extends to small business and client support agencies seeking Technology and Customer Service support for community development activities and health and wellness projects. This enterprise seeks solely to provide work experience opportunities for volunteers and clients marginalised from mainstream learning and work opportunities, and who seek to widen their options in workforce participation.
Current enterprise partnerships in 2020
- FUND IT LOCALLY
- GOOD MASSAGE GUIDE