In alignment with our major goals to assist people who are marginalised including residents in aged care who suffer isolation, and those of us marginalised through disability, we have a number of employment, social and community projects in action.
We will achieve this by bridging gaps in community access to the labour market through the continuing development and delivery of innovative projects and social enterprise initiatives, and creating sponsorship networks between industry and the community. Our projects include:
Still in the Box Project as a social enterprise with all funds raised through the project utilised to further the project’s major goals:
- , solve the daily crosswordproviding employment and training to people who are marginalised through disability or circumstance.
- reducing the amount of electrical waste ending up in landfill through environmentally responsible recycling procedures
- providing work experience and re-training programs in a “live work environment” to those disadvantaged in the labour market
B2C Community IT Project as a social enterprise with all funds raised through the project utilised to further the project’s goals:
- assisting local and overseas “communities in need” by providing low cost refurbished IT equipment
- reducing the amount of office and IT waste ending up in landfill through environmentally responsible recycling procedures
- providing re-training programs in a “live work environment” to those disadvantaged in the labour market
Our scope of service also extends to industry, client support agencies, government and business, partnering in the divergence of unwanted or decommissioned equipment, and resources and re-engineered as community assets assisting in work education or employment opportunities. Further, our services, in partnership with ISO Endorsed “Ewastec” provides a sustainable waste management solution for hardware that is unable to be refurbished.
Out ‘N About is a small project offering volunteer support for people requiring assistance to access places in their local community for exercise, shopping or leisure. In particular this project matches volunteers with our clients for small community access sessions where access is usually limited as a result of age or general mobility disorders and where the company of a support person readily improves community participation and or access.
Home Companions is an extension of our Out ‘N About project.
With current COVID 19 concerns impacting our capacity to ensure the safety of our aged or disabled clients during community access events, Home Companion offers our more vulnerable citizens the opportunity to share a cuppa, solve the day’s crossword, listen to a book reading, chat, or even enjoy a game of scrabble in the safety of their residential home environment. During restrictions on visitation, opportunities for phone companions are available.
Work Collective Project provides collaborative employment experiences across a range of work functions and offers a widening of skill sets for enterprise volunteers and workers.
- Computer software skills
- Data and content management skills
- Customer service
- Help desk support
- Web design
Our scope of service extends to small business and client support agencies seeking Technology and Customer Service support for community development activities and health and wellness projects. This enterprise seeks solely to provide work experience opportunities for volunteers and clients marginalised from mainstream learning and work opportunities, and who seek to widen their options in workforce participation.